• ()
  • SAVE
BUY THIS BOOK (from $6.19+)
Report
  • BUY THIS BOOK
    (from $6.19+)
  • BUY THIS BOOK
    (from $6.19+)
  • DOWNLOAD
  • Liked By
    X
  • ()
  • SHARE
  • SAVE
  • Report
Encourage this author
  • ()
X
  • Excessive Violence
  • Harassment
  • Offensive Pictures
  • Spelling & Grammar Errors
  • Unfinished
  • Other Problem
 

"Wait, Whose Moving?"

Shan Smith, a new student from Atlanta, experiences a challenging first day at her new middle school. Initially facing unfriendliness for sitting in another student’s seat, she quickly becomes the subject of concern when she breaks down in tears in front of Ms. Minnie, her teacher. Sent to speak with the counselor alongside Ms. Minnie, Shan reveals her past life filled with responsibilities, achievements, and a deep bond with her younger brother, contrasting sharply with her current sense of displacement. A clever intervention by Coach Ramsey, sending her on an errand, introduces her to the school's environment and students, including a pivotal encounter with Lee. Back in the counselor's office, Shan shares the heartrending reason behind her move: her grandmother's illness, which uprooted her from a life where she felt significant and cherished. However, an accidental meeting with Stefanie in the restroom leads to an unexpected friendship, bonded over shared experiences of relocation and sports. Their laughter and connection signal a hopeful turn in Shan’s journey, underscored by their joint reprimand and inclusion by Ms. Minnie, suggesting Shan might find a new sense of belonging in this unfamiliar place.  
(32 pages)
Privacy level: PUBLIC
15 reads

CREATE
BOOKS
for
KIDS

FREE STORIES ONLINE

COMMENTS

X
We use cookies on this site. By continuing to use this site, we assume you consent for cookies to be used. See our Cookie Policy. GOT IT