|+ Fundraising = Write-a-thon|
Family/friends sponsor students for publishing a book
More educational than traditional fundraisers
- Students publish their own books using StoryJumper with teacher/mentor guidance
- Students are motivated to do their best work because their sponsors receive a digital copy of their book at the end of a Write-a-thon
- Student books can be automatically translated and read in 40+ languages with 1-click
- Parents get to see their children's beautiful work and encourage them
Raise More Money
How much money could you raise running a Write-a-thon?
for school / organization
for students to buy anything on StoryJumper
- 100% participation
- $25 per sponsor, 4 sponsors per student
- Distribution: 75% to school/ organization, 15% to students to buy anything on StoryJumper,
7% to StoryJumper, and 3% to cover transaction fees.
# students: Calculate
- StoryJumper provides everything you need to run a Write-a-thon from ONE website
- One person can setup the entire Write-a-thon. Teachers do their normal lesson plan.
- Students don't need to handle any money
Write-a-thons are the most educational way to raise more money with less work
How to Run a Write-a-thon Fundraiser
- If you don't have a StoryJumper account, click "Sign Up" at the top of this page. Be sure to indicate that you're a "Teacher" and follow the guided tour.
- Click Home and then Create a Write-athon from your home page. Fill out the form. A typical Write-a-thon may run for 1-2 months, depending on computer availability at school and home.
- A few weeks before the Write-a-thon starts, an administrator/teacher/parent sets up StoryJumper accounts for teachers and students.
- Write-a-thon leaders may identify additional school incentives (e.g. special school privileges) that could be offered to motivate students to sign up more sponsors. These leaders promote the Write-a-thon and send out instructions to teachers, students, and parents.
- With parental help, students start to encourage family/friends anywhere in the world to go to their personal Write-a-thon web page and sponsor them.
- Teachers create their lesson plan.
- Students start writing their StoryJumper books at school and home.
- Using our fundraising tools, students continue to encourage family/friends to sponsor them.
- Administrators/teachers review their Write-a-thon dashboards to monitor progress.
- After the Write-a-thon is finished, all rewards are distributed:
- * 90% of funds go to the school/organization. 3% covers transaction fees and 7% covers StoryJumper costs.
- * A minimum of 15% of funds are used to purchase books.
- * Sponsors receive a digital copy of their sponsored student's book.
- * Any additional school incentives (e.g. special privileges) are awarded to top fundraisers.
Want to get started?