• ()
  • SAVE
BUY THIS BOOK (from $2.99+)
Report
  • BUY THIS BOOK
    (from $2.99+)
  • BUY THIS BOOK
    (from $2.99+)
  • DOWNLOAD
  • Liked By
    X
  • ()
  • SHARE
  • SAVE
  • Report
Encourage this author
  • ()
X
  • Excessive Violence
  • Harassment
  • Offensive Pictures
  • Spelling & Grammar Errors
  • Unfinished
  • Other Problem
 

"The Little Frog"

This is an assessment story that will resonate with me throughout my whole life. Essentially, one of my clients (who is severely autistic and demonstrates high behaviours) was neglected in his school placement. He was the highest behaviour that the school had and in my opinion they did not do all they could to help him. They are trained for this and I felt that they did not try and they simply did not want him there. They assessed him to be too high in behaviours and not worth the time or help required. They would let him head bang and just tally them instead of prompting him to stop. He would come home with bruises on his forehead and the counts reached past the 100s. They then restrained him even though he has a no restraint policy and he was injured in the process. We pulled him out of school but were left at a loss of trying to find a placement to take him. We did not want him to lose the progress that he had made. Luckily, we were able to get him into a school that was equipped to have him and more importantly wanted him to be there.
 
(16 pages)
Privacy level: PUBLIC
17 reads

CREATE
BOOKS
for
KIDS

FREE STORIES ONLINE

COMMENTS

X
We use cookies on this site. By continuing to use this site, we assume you consent for cookies to be used. See our Cookie Policy. GOT IT