If your child is under the age of 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) requires that StoryJumper, Inc. (“StoryJumper” or “we” or “us”) obtain your permission to collect and share certain information about your child.
· As a primary account holder (the person primarily responsible for ordering services and paying any fees or other charges made to a StoryJumper account), we require you to activate the account and consent to the disclosure of personal information for any child under the age of 13 who is using your account.
· Children who are under the age of 13 are expressly prohibited from including any personally identifiable information in any content that they post to our websites unless or until their parents or legal guardians give permission. However, StoryJumper has no control over any personally identifiable information that a child chooses to include in any content posted to our websites that violates the foregoing restriction.
· Where a visitor to our websites self-identifies as under 13 years old during the initial registration process, we collect the child’s birth date, user name, password and parent’s or legal guardian’s e-mail address. We ask the child not to use his or her real name as all or part of the user name. Any information provided by the child is not used to contact the child unless or until we receive parental or legal guardian consent. Any personally identifiable information except the user name of the child that is collected through the initial registration process before receiving the parent’s or legal guardian’s consent will be encrypted and stored on our servers with the key to decrypt the data stored in a cookie on the computer the child is using. The e-mail we send to the parent or legal guardian requesting his or her consent will contain the key to decrypt the child’s personally identifiable information.
· Once we receive consent from a parent or legal guardian, we may collect additional personally identifiable information from children under 13 or their parents or legal guardians, including, but not limited to: parent’s or legal guardian’s name, contact information and credit card billing information (including telephone number and mailing address).
· As a primary account holder, you may access, review, correct or delete personal information that we maintain about your child, and may refuse to permit further collection or use of your child’s information. To do so, please refer to the section in our FAQs regarding updating your child’s information or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Please note that you must send the e-mail using the e-mail address that you provided during the activation process so that we can verify that you are the parent or legal guardian of the child.
· StoryJumper cannot control if a secondary account holder includes personally identifiable information in any content that has been authorized by a primary account holder to be posted.
· As the primary account holder, you must log-in with your account log-in information to change the account settings.
o Contact Information: To contact StoryJumper about its privacy practices for children, you can e-mail us at [email protected] You can also send a letter by mail to: